Melton Manager, Mental Health Support Centre
Location: Kings Street, Melton Mowbray but with some flexibility for home working
Hours: 32 Hours, 4 days a week (Flexible to meet the needs of our members)
Contract: Permanent (3 months probationary period)
Salary: £18300 p.a.
Accountable to: Pepper's Development Manager
Pepper’s- A Safe Place C.I.C. is a mental health organisation. We provide a space for anyone struggling with their mental health to come and relax, take some time out, socialise and have fun in a warm and welcoming environment.
Three years ago we opened our first premises in Oakham, we now run regular drop-in sessions throughout the week and activity sessions, such as, gardening, Tai Chi, cooking and art.
We have been renting a room once a week in Melton to assess the need for a new site. This has developed well and we are excited to announce our new and, more permanent, premises will be opening in mid- January. We hope that this will become similar to our Oakham site, with increased opening hours and additional activities.
To begin with, we aim to open 8 hours a week, spread over two days.
We are looking for a staff member who can oversee the running of sessions, manage a team of volunteers, be there to listen to the needs of our members, be passionate about growing and expanding our Melton premises and work with our Development Manager on the ever-growing workload as our membership and organisation grows.
- Ensure the smooth running of drop-in sessions at our Melton site.
- Coordinate Volunteers and manage the rota for Melton.
- Work to expand and grow our organisation within Melton.
- Provide support to the Development Manager, tasks to include, but not limited to: fundraising, marketing, events, accounts and updating our databases.
- Educated to minimum GCSE level
- Great communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Empathetic and friendly
- Have an interest in and some knowledge of mental ill health
- Good organisational skills
- Have a good work ethic
- IT literate, including good knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive issues
- Right to work in the United Kingdom
- The ability to be flexible with working hours
- Job holder must be prepared to undertake training (e.g. Mental Health First Aid)
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch, we would love to hear from you. Send your CV together with a cover letter explaining your interest in the role and how your experience meets the person specification.
Closing date Friday 14th January
Prior to an interview, successful candidates will need to attend a drop-in session.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 20th January.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Successful candidates will need to undergo advanced DBS checks.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Copyright © Pepper's - A Safe Place 2020. All Rights Reserved